Without a properly functioning transmission issues such as overheating, burning fluid can happen. To keep your transmission in top working order and have any repairs completed quickly in Petrie, work with us!
Why work with Petrie Mechanical Repairs
For 20 years they have been the ones to trust for your car care and emergency issues in Petrie. Our team is up to date on all the latest models, devices and parts. People trust us because we offer:
- Peace of mind: As a Repco Authorised Service Centre we can give you the attention of small shop with the training, guarantee and connections which come from being under the Repco umbrella.
- Experience: Our service mechanics love cars which means, they are always learning about different makes, models, diagnostic tools and parts. They can take care of a single Alfa Romeo which you drive on the weekends or an entire fleet of vehicles.
- All services are covered: From log book services to complete transmission system overhauls, we have the training and tolls to have you safely on the road in no time.
Some of the Transmission Services which we offer:
- Automatic Transmission Service
- Manual Transmission Service
- Flywheel Machining and Replacement
- Actuator Replacement
- Clutch Replacement – from standard to 4 Terrain heavy duty clutch Kits
- Seal Replacements
- Parking Brake Repair
Know what the grinding sound means
Transmission system issues can manifest themselves in a myriad of different ways. Some of the common transmission system issues include:
- Strange smells: The transmission fluid may be running low or dirty which can cause this. This can happen from long time intervals between services and also leaks.
- Gear Slippage: When the vehicle feels like it won’t go into gear it could be that the gear teeth or the plate on the clutch is malfunctioning and should be replaced.
For all your transmission issues contact us today!